I love these quotes from Rihannas interview with Elle magazine:
- “‘Stay’ is a story about having love that close and wanting it to last forever,you don’t have that feeling with everybody so when you have it, you don’t want to let go of it. I would definitely say that he[chris brown] is the one I have that kind of relationship with.”
- “Everybody wanted to know what was happening in my life. Is she a drug addict? No. Is she an alcoholic? No. Is she a victim? No,” the songstress said. “That’s when I got the gun tattoo. It was a symbol of strength. I’ll never be a victim.”
- When asked where she sees herself in five years, Rihanna said she imagines a more maternal role. “I will probably have a kid, and I’ll have to set some things up so I don’t have to tour for the rest of my life, even though I love touring.”
- “I Instagram everything about my life, whether it’s smoking pot, in a strip club, reading a Bible verse-how crazy, I know-or hanging with my best friend, who happens to be Chris,”
- Oh she’s scared of her mum too: “I’m not afraid of any person in this world but her. I’m terrified of her!She called me two days ago and reeled me in about two naked pictures [my friend] Melissa put up on Instagram … My mom, she went crazy on me. I was, like, embarrassed. I felt like I got my ass whupped in front of my class in school!” Rihanna continued. “She said, ‘This was like a private moment and you’re just parading this around.’ She humbled the f*** out of me.”
Some images from the shoot:
Rihanna by Mariano Vivanco for Elle UK April 2013.
Fashion Editor, Anne-Marie Curtis.
Hair by Ursula Stephen.
Make-up by Mylah Morales.