A few days ago, I was nominated by Fashionandfairydust for the Liebster award. Then today, I was nominated again by Poshtoganache ! Being a newbie to theblogosphere, I had no idea what Liebster award was (I was kinda hoping it included some sort of gift i.e big basket of muffins,high street vouchers *wink wink*) but no, *covers greedy face*, apparently the Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Now I had to Google what Liebster meant because hey, I don’t know everything … and Google told me it’s a German word for beloved, darling, sweetheart, sweetest, nicest, dearest, lovely and kind sooo I want to say a big thank you to Fashionandfairydust and Poshtoganache for nominating me!! Gosh I feel so flattered.
Anyway, back to the award before I start ranting on & on. There are a few rules that go with this award, which are as follows:
- Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
- They must also answer the 11 questions the ‘tagger’ has set for them.
- They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
- They must then choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
- These lucky bloggers must then be told.
- There are no tag backs.
Lets get started then, shall we?
11 things about me:
1. I’m really quiet and shy, I might sound talkative online but I’m just more of a writer than a speaker.
2. I have all 10 seasons of FRIENDS and I still watch it everyday.
3. I’m a shopaholic … but y’all knew that!
4. I’m a relationship expert. I give a lot of marriage advice to people way older than me which is odd because I’m only 19 and never been married before. I’m actually thinking of writing a book to help people understand how relationships work because to me, everyone just seems to be jumping in and out of relationships and I think that’s because they don’t understand what they’re supposed to do. You have to be prepared – it’s hard-work! Don’t start a relationship expecting something from the other person, you must go into the relationship willing to give.
5. Wow, look at that long paragraph ^^ leading on to the next fact about me: I’m a writer. I’ve written 4 books while I was in year 9, that’s 14 years old. When I read them now, it makes me cringe actually but the story-line was great (even if I do say so myself) 😀
6. My favourite subject in school was maths. Till today, I still solve maths equations in my room, it brings a big smile to my face when I do them.
7. OH! a weird one: I don’t eat fruits … but I drink them, apple juice is my fave, but I prefer water.
8. I’m lazy.
9. I like to sing, just not in front of people, not because I have a terrible voice but because I’m really really shy, I know I’ve said that before but that’s how bad it is, it deserves two spots on my list haha.
10. I can survive a whole day without food as long as I have fashion magazines to read.
11. I have four brothers and 2 sisters.
Questions from Fashion and fairy dust:
1. When and why did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging in March. It was part of an assignment on my journalism course at university. And although, I didn’t do so well on that assignment, I enjoyed writing about what I love on a daily basis so it stuck 🙂
2. Where do you wish you were right now?
McDonalds. Funny because I just finished a whole pizza.
3. What is your favourite thing to do at the weekend?
4. What is your favourite trend for Fall 2012?
All things Leather
5. Who is your style icon?
Rihanna -always will be, even though she’s a bit crazy at the moment
6. What was your best celebrity encounter?
Where I live, I think the biggest celebrity around here is Sneakbo and I’m pretty sure I’ve walked past him countless times. Its’s OK if you’ve never heard of him :p
7. What is the most annoying thing to happen to you recently?
My Blackberry fell into my bowl of ice cream, it now switches on and off when it pleases …
8. Sky-diving or scuba-diving?
Neither, I can’t swim and I’m scared of heights.
9. Favourite comfort food?
err Ice cream?
10. What is the best concert you’ve ever been to?
Unfortunately, I’ve never been to a concert …
11. One item you regret buying, and one item you regret not buying?
I buy a lot of cardigans, and it gets me upset because I only seem to wear them once then our love fades.
An item I regret not buying:
Cropped watercolor jacket from Gok Wans’ 3rd collection for Sainsbury’s. I saw it on sale for £13, but my aunty convinced me to buy a dress instead **cries hysterically**!! It actually still hurts…
Questions from Posh to ganache:
- Why did you start your blog? – answered already 🙂
- Is there a product you absolutely can NOT live without? my lipgloss
- Where is your favorite place you’ve ever been to? I don’t travel much
- If you had to eat 3 things for the rest of your life, what would they be? lasagne, gari (african food) and ice cream
- Is there someone who has had a huge impact on your life or inspired you in a major way? if so, who and how? errm …
- What an important life lesson you’ve learned? Every man for himself
- Name a tv show you’ve been hooked on or looking forward to watching. 2 Broke Girls
- What’s the best halloween costume you’ve ever had? I don’t do Halloween
- Do you have any major fears? if so, what? spiders!!
- What’s your favorite meal of the day? lunch
- If you were to be cast in a new movie and could choose your supporting actor/actress, who would it be? Idris Elba
My Questions for you:
- Name your favourite place to be and why is it your favourite?
- Do you prefer to read books or listen to music?
- What weird talent do you have?
- Describe yourself with 3 words.
- Who would you want to be stuck on an island with?
- What were you like as a kid?
- 3 physical features you get complimented on a lot?
- If you could change something about yourself, what would it be & why?
- What last made you laugh?
- What is your favorite word?
- Name the clothing store you shop at the most?
My nominees are: